Corefulness® in Schools can be integrated into daily school life as a 5 minute classroom programme to engage the body and brain and as a warm-up for PE and Sports related sessions. It can help a child improve concentration for work, strengthen their body as they grow and use the correct muscles when they take part in sport.
To become a Corefulness® school please apply now
The Corefulness® Schools programme is divided into two modules:
- Corefulness® Classroom Module: Children will follow a 3-5 minute video-based exercise programme in their classroom at their desk. There are two programmes for each day Monday to Friday. We recommend the first video is started before the first morning lesson and the second video is started after lunch, before the afternoon lessons begin.
- Corefulness® PE Lesson Warm-Up Module: PE staff will guide children through the Corefulness® warm-up at the start of each PE lesson.
Key Stage 2 and above: Please ensure children in Key Stage 2 and above watch their Year Group Introduction video at least 3 times, before progressing on to the Classroom based exercises. It is advisable to watch the introduction again at the start of each new term to recap and also for any new pupils. The introduction video ensures a good level of understanding about:
- Core Stability Muscles
- How these muscles provide good posture alignment
- Why these muscles need to provide strength
- How they are used to increase performance and power during all aspects of the school life as their bodies develop.
- Please read the Q&A section for further information.